Friday, October 8, 2010

Reflections: Weeks 1-4



I have learned a lot already in the first few weeks of class.  We have covered a lot of interesting information and touched on many different topics.  I am glad that I am taking this class because I am learning skills and facts that I had not known previously. 

Blogging is something that I had never done before this class.  I had heard about blogging but had never known too much about it or had ever blogged on my own.  When we were told to make a blog and to start posting I was kind of overwhelmed by it and everything that we had to do!  As the weeks have passed by, I have learned more about blogging and do not feel quite as lost as I did when it was first being introduced to me.  Blogging is an interesting means of communication for this class and I have really liked being able to connect with my classmates on a different "level."

I also thought it was informational and beneficial when we had one of our class periods held in the outdoor classroom.  I had heard different things about the classroom, but nothing was for sure.  It was nice to be able to go inside and take a look around as well as hear the different plans and efforts that went into the construction of the classroom.  I feel like having that classroom and the surrounding land and trails adds a lot to the UMD campus.

So far, Environmental Health class has been a positive "adventure" for me.  I have learned a lot both inside and out of the classroom.  When I am reading through posts, I always tend to pick up something new that I was not aware of previously.  I have also enjoyed some of the activities that we have done, like the online questioner that asked us questions and let us know how many planets we were using with the lifestyle that we live.  I am looking forward to continue blogging, getting to know my classmates more and to keep on learning new facts and information!

Picture taken when searching Google!

6 comments:

  1. I liked it too when we had our class in the outdoor classroom. I also feel like I am learning a lot when I am reading the posts and doing the activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree about enjoying our outdoor class session, especially the Star Wars game. I'm a very visual person and so demonstrating on a smaller scale (ie. the sidewalk) really put it in perspective for me that my current lifestyle needs to become a little more green. I showed the game to my roommates and they really took a lot from it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen,

    I was also happy we got to have class in the outdoor classroom. Prior to that I wasn't even aware it was there. It was interesting to hear all the fun facts about it and all the work that went into its building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we had the outdoor classroom as well. I am a tour guide and I am honored to say we have that on our campus. It's just another thing that makes our campus stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are liking the class so far! I am as well, it's letting me take a different look on my life that I don't normally see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also really like this class so far. I feel like we have learned a lot in comparison to my other classes!

    ReplyDelete