Friday, November 26, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 5: Final Weekly Review & Overall Project Reflection



Smart Goal: to drink 12oz of water everyday and not drink it from a plastic bottle.
-I was successful with this goal for the most part when it came to drinking water but I slipped twice and drank from a plastic bottle.  One time was when I was driving home for Thanksgiving break and I stopped at a gas station and was very thirsty so I was going to buy something and I thought to myself, "hmmm, I can buy a pop or something from a plastic bottle or at least accomplish part of my goal and buy a water from one," so that is what I did.  I also went to my aunts for Thanksgiving who is in the process of moving so she had a lot of her items packed up so she just had bought some plastic water bottles for people to drink.
-I am most successful with I am in my own surroundings and am able to make my own choices.  I also need to take into considertion getting one of those "straw water bottles" a few people have mentioned to me!
-I felt successful when I would accomplish my goal and I felt bad when I did not. It is starting to become a routine now though, so that is a good sign for me.
-I learned that there will be challenges to overcome and I need to plan ahead and think ahead so I can overcome my challenges/obstacles better.
-I think I am going to stick to the same goal again because I want to be able to make it one week without messing up before I change it or make it more challenging.

-My smart goal is listed above and I did not change it at all because I wanted to be able to reach this goal so I did not want to give up or make it any less challenging.  I also did not want to make my goal any more challenging or change it too soon because I want to set myself up for success.
-In the future I will make sure to set goals that I know I can reach and I know will lead me to success and better my health and well-being as well as the environment. 
-This project was beneficial to me because it taught me how to make a goal and stick to it.  It showed me how to work through challenges and it also bettered my health by having me drink more water and benefited the environment at the same time by having me not use or waste as many plastic bottles.
-I will try and continue this behavior because it improves my lifestyle and those around me.
-I recommend that you make sure when you make a goal to have it be reachable and something that you know you are willing to work toward and that you have motivation for!


Picture

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean when you talk about how you get into a routine here and being in your own surroundings making it easier, but when you are in other places or on trips it makes it more difficulty. I experienced the same thing you did. I can also see how this is becoming a part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love my CamelBak water bottle it's the one with the straw. I drink way more water. It is good you stuck to your goal minus the plastic bottle part. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camelback bottles are the best! They're worth the money! I liked your thought process to buying a bottle! It's the same plastic so you might as well get something good for you. If I do that I end up justifying it by reusing it again. It's great that all of this is becoming routine, that just means that it'll be hard to break in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I broke one of the camelback bottles before! And I like your recommendation...It's something that we all know, but don't really follow. Or when it comes time to make a goal for ourselves we kind of forget about that rule of thumb, it's good to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete