Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reflections: Weeks 13-14 & Overall Course



Over the past few weeks I have learned a lot in this class.  Some of the things I enjoyed the most over the past two weeks would be the trip that we look to Goodwill!  The tour was very interesting and eye opening.  I was never aware that they did so many things there and I thought this was a good experience that we were able to have.  I thought that the activity that we did was also fun and a good way to have a chance to look around the store.  I also enjoyed being able to find "junk" around my apartment and turn it into something new and something that I can still get use out of.  I found it interesting to be able to see what everyone else in the class made as well.  It was really neat to see how unique all of my classmates were. 
Throughout the entire class I learned so many new things that I did not know before.  I made more of a conscious effort throughout the semester to try and be more environmentally friendly and make sure that I was recycling whenever possible.  The goal that I made "forced" me to drink more water and make sure that I was not doing so out of a plastic water bottle.  So many of the documentaries that we watched were really eye opening and made me realize things and look at the environment in a way I never had before. I am happy that I was able to have this class and get such a wonderful experience and learn so many new things that I can continue to apply to my everyday life.  I will take a lot of the information that I gained in this class with me and continue to pass it on to those around me. :)
-picture from here

PICTURES FROM WHAT I MADE:


The first picture located above is all three of the items that I made and the second picture is more up-close of the candle holder that I made from a recycled fruit can.  I decorated it and then used part of the old garbage can to make a bottom for the holder.  The other two items are also recycled pieces that I turned into something "new and improved." What was once a garbage can I turned into a lamp shade and something that broke off of my air conditioner, I decorated and turned to into a picture frame.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen the trip to Goodwill was very nice. It's great that they give special needs individuals the opportunity to make a living and be part of something. You could just tell how excited they were to be a part of something which is truly commendable on the part of Goodwill. I too took a ton out of this course. I learned so much about not only myself but the environment as well. I will continue to be environmentally conscious after this course is done and will try to advocate to others the importance of being environmentally friendly. Awesome reflection.

    ReplyDelete