Monday, December 13, 2010

Advocacy Project:Smoking is HARMFUL for your HEALTH!

-Title: If Smoking is SO Harmful, Why Start!?! NOT to mention, why would you put other people in danger with your second hand smoke?
-Purpose: To hopefully encourage people to not even try to start smoking because it is so harmful for people and not good for the environment and also very harmful for those people around the smoker who are getting the second hand smoke.
-Background/Reasoning/Evidence:I want you to know a little bit more about smoking and all of the harmful damage and effects that it causes people and the people around then who smoke or use tobacco products. Also, me and my grandma were really close all trough my childhood and she was a heavy smoker.  Despite me and my mom's numerous attempts to get her to stop, she would not.  Sadly, my grandma was diagnosed with severe lung cancer and died a few months later. This is not something I would ever wish on anyone and think that it is important you understand the dangers and risks. If you know how bad and harmful smoking is for you...I would hope that there would be no chance that you would even want to start! IF you are a current smoker, I understand it is addictive....but would hope that you would make every effort to stop because it is so dangerous and harmful to the people who are around your second hand smoke.
-Instructions: Please watch some of these videos and let me know one fact that they taught you or something they made you aware of that you did not know. If you knew this stuff, please share a feeling that you had when watching these. Thanks :)



VIDEO LINKS:

-VIDEO 1--SECOND HAND SMOKE
-VIDEO 2--QUIT SMOKING IF YOU CURRENTLY DO
-VIDEO 3-- SMOKING IS HARMFUL!

3 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    I'm looking forward to watching these videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Videos can be very powerful, They are very effective. Im excited to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, my activity/game was very similar to your videos in that tobacco and smoking is extremely bad for you. The videos you posted were extremely eye opening and beneficial for those who truly don't realize what smoking does to someone. Smoking is very bad!!! Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete