Monday, October 25, 2010

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group



When visiting the environmental website, I searched a product that I use that as a hair repair for damaged hair or just a product that you can use as a type of deep conditioner.  I was pleased to find that the product was a low hazard and scored a 2 out of 10 which made me feel that it is pretty safe for use according to this site.  I did find out that 17% of conditioners have lower concerns than the one I am using though, so this made me aware that there are better options available for use and that possibly I should look into some. On the other hand though, overall, I feel that this product is safe for my use and I should not be facing any very serious complications with the use of this conditioner product.
Picture from: GOOGLE.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome that it only scored a 2 out of 10. Which product was it? I used Burts Bees and it also only scored a 2 out of 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good score. My product got 6 so I am going to find another safer facewash that I can use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a great feeling knowing you are making good choices when using products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I think of 'cosmetics' I simply think of make-up products and always seem to forget that cosmetics does include products such as shampoo and soap and such, so by you posting this I will definitely go onto the website and see what my shampoo is rated. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good score! I am curious as to which product it was- I could use some hair repair!

    ReplyDelete